FRAUDULENT CHARGEBACK RESPONSE
Once a merchant dispute is received by the business, swift action can change the outcome. The merchant should always respond to the dispute file with the bank. At the same time, scrutiny of the customer can motivate a fraudster to withdraw the dispute.
On your behalf, we will contact the cardholder to begin an investigation. The contact will inform the cardholder that a licensed investigative firm is looking into the matter. If the cardholder is a true victim of fraud themself, it shows that you as a company are looking out for their best interests.
The cardholder will be on notice that the IP address used for the order is being traced. Emails and phones used in the order are being identified. We ask if they have filed a police report for identity theft, so that we can pass along our findings to law enforcement.
We also inform that we are investigating the location of the delivered products, or use of the services, so that we can identify those who have been in possession of the items.
The contact to the cardholder informs them that multiple sources can be deployed, including computer forensics, surveillance, and background information.
We advise that they may contact us with any additional information that they have. Any contacts are logged and reported to you the client, as well as tracking of emails, phone calls, and letters communicated to the client.
Active Intel Investigations’ Fraudulent Chargeback Response provides:
- Identifying order source
- Searching resale of your product
- Connecting cardholder to order
- Proving receipt
- Evidence for response
- IP and phone backtrace
Would you like more information about fraudulent chargeback investigations?
FRAUD & EMBEZZLEMENT RECOVERY
Research of counterparty for aquisiting, merger, or significant proposed contractual relationship. Ensure that the entity has correctly represented its market, licenses, key personnel, financial condition, and reputation.
- Officers and shareholders
- Licenses, corporate filings, related entities
- Prior corporate structure
- Key vendor interviews covert or disclosed
- Client and contract verification
- Market and competitor environment
- Documentation of sales procedures
- Identify manner of business dealings
Documentation of assets and possible transfers. Identify changes to asset class and dilution of value. Verification of any increase or decrease to net asset value of the entity or individual. Prepare reporting for seizure or writ of garnishment.
- Hard assets: Vessels, autos, equipment, aircraft
- Cash, securities, and real estate
- Notes due, UCC and receivables
- Intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights
- Business holdings, equity, and beneficial interests
- Hidden assets and those vested in other names
- Third party responsibility, accountants, agents
- Compare historical snapshots of asset values
Identity internal losses incurred through embezzlement or diversion of company assets. Document the means of theft, the entirety of the parties involved, and the location of the fraudulently lost assets. Present the overview of theft enterprise and scope.
- Investigate internal and outside involvement
- Analyze ghost vendors and payment validity
- Theft of inventory, cash, clients, and sales revenue
- Bribes and extortion
- Organized schemes of theft, and individual larceny
- Financial fraud, bookkeeping & accounting, billing
- Cargo and supply diversion
- Financial statement manipulation
REPORTING AND PRODUCTION METHODS
• Records Intake & Review
• Data Research
• Extraction Algorithm
• Financial Records
• Witness Interviews
• Subject Observation
• Activity Monitoring
• Message Forensics
• Data Mining Program
• Legal Records
• ESI Processing
• Electronic Preservation
• Structured Data Breakdown
• Voice and Image Files
• Non-Public Records
• Family and Associates
• 3rd Party Retained Records
• Public Sector Filing Verification