INVESTIGATING THE USE OF PERSONAL ELECTRONIC DEVICES
When someone wants to hide something, they delete the data. This information can be recovered, but attempting to do so without the proper training and tools can result in the data being rendered invalid as legal evidence, or even becoming permanently lost. Recover deleted call logs, IM conversations, track movements with geo-tagging.
Gather data from personal computers, including:
Email, Images, Webmail, Internet artifacts, Web history and cache, and Chat sessions.
Nearly any digital source can have evidence on it, including:
Personal desktops and laptops, RAID workstations, Servers, Hard disk drives, RAM, USB / Flash Drives, CD / DVD disks, Smartphones, and Tablets.
Often, data that is important evidence in a digital forensic investigation can exist in a file format you are not equipped to open or process. Because we are data recovery professionals, we are equipped to handle all types of files. This ensures that no evidence is left uncovered during our digital forensic investigations. Evidence can come in any file type, including:
Web history and cache
Get Started Today
Take the first step toward discovering the truth.
I’m looking to get more information.
Click here to receive more information about investigative services via email, including descriptions of some available investigator services.
I’m ready to schedule my consultation.
Select this option to arrange for an online video consultation with a licensed private investigator. They will hear your description of the case situation, and provide advice on possible investigative strategies.
FRAUD & EMBEZZLEMENT RECOVERY
Research of counterparty for aquisiting, merger, or significant proposed contractual relationship. Ensure that the entity has correctly represented its market, licenses, key personnel, financial condition, and reputation.
- Officers and shareholders
- Licenses, corporate filings, related entities
- Prior corporate structure
- Key vendor interviews covert or disclosed
- Client and contract verification
- Market and competitor environment
- Documentation of sales procedures
- Identify manner of business dealings
Documentation of assets and possible transfers. Identify changes to asset class and dilution of value. Verification of any increase or decrease to net asset value of the entity or individual. Prepare reporting for seizure or writ of garnishment.
- Hard assets: Vessels, autos, equipment, aircraft
- Cash, securities, and real estate
- Notes due, UCC and receivables
- Intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights
- Business holdings, equity, and beneficial interests
- Hidden assets and those vested in other names
- Third party responsibility, accountants, agents
- Compare historical snapshots of asset values
Identity internal losses incurred through embezzlement or diversion of company assets. Document the means of theft, the entirety of the parties involved, and the location of the fraudulently lost assets. Present the overview of theft enterprise and scope.
- Investigate internal and outside involvement
- Analyze ghost vendors and payment validity
- Theft of inventory, cash, clients, and sales revenue
- Bribes and extortion
- Organized schemes of theft, and individual larceny
- Financial fraud, bookkeeping & accounting, billing
- Cargo and supply diversion
- Financial statement manipulation
REPORTING AND PRODUCTION METHODS
• Records Intake & Review
• Data Research
• Extraction Algorithm
• Financial Records
• Witness Interviews
• Subject Observation
• Activity Monitoring
• Message Forensics
• Data Mining Program
• Legal Records
• ESI Processing
• Electronic Preservation
• Structured Data Breakdown
• Voice and Image Files
• Non-Public Records
• Family and Associates
• 3rd Party Retained Records
• Public Sector Filing Verification